Monday, November 24, 2008

Am I growing up?

I do most of my thinking in the bathroom, mostly in the shower. I thought the need to preface that for this posting. I took a shower at 2:30 am, thats early! But I really needed to decompress about what happened this evening.

My heart got a little squished by a particular person and it hurts a bit. Though in the instance that it got squished and even now after it didn't bring me to the point of tears or wanting to act out..other than eating pizza..and I couldn't figure out why. That is in the past what I've usually resorted to, a good cry and or somehow acting out to make it better..even though that doesn't. Though this time, I haven't been interested in it one bit.

As I was in the shower, I realized that I keep hiding my heart more and more in Christ. I had stopped fully reacting to situations because I have been instantly give them to God. Every once in a while when I do react and do in turn be sad or upset about that something that happened I feel bad for not instantly confiding in God.

Is this a sign of growing up?

Several things have happened in the past month.
I got an a job offer in Kansas
I got an offer to go to China for a year
I got a couple offers to move in with friends here in Portland and in Idaho
I let go and let God

Instantly when I found out about these things, I didn't react, I just gave them to God. Most of my friends and family don't even know. Ya know, maybe it is a sign of growing up. I still don't know where He is going to take me, but He is testing me and I am willing to jump for Him.

My heart does hurt and I'm not even sure how to react or feel, besides a bit hurt, but I know that my God will be here for me and that He is holding me and has His arms of comfort around me.

Blessings to all.

No comments: