Friday, October 24, 2008

Little Mistakes

All it takes is one little mistake to create a big one. 

I have broken free of a pesky bad habit and for 6 months have been free. Though for some of us, all it takes is one party, sip, puff, tap, poke or even breath to break our strong hold. Why I wonder. I don't want those pesky bad habits to define myself. 

A month or so ago, I watched a Nooma video (Nooma is a devotional video series that Rob Bell had made - check it) about defining yourself and accepting yourself for who you are. 
For the longest time I have been avoiding looking at myself up close. I don't mean in the mirror but in my soul, my beliefs, my loves, what defines me. And actually answer for myself, Who am I?
I don't think I can avoid this question much longer.

I am...
A believer
One who will stand for Christ always
A brunette
tall
amazed by God everyday
thankful
caring
loving
sometimes crazy
sometimes scared of what the future holds
excited
striving to have my heart hidden in Christ
(i'm still working on it)

I am not...
Who the devil wants me to be

And as long as Christ has a hold of my soul I never will be. This will be forever. 

This blog is for me than anything else and God...

No comments: